I love food and those who say they don’t love some good grub are probably kidding themselves. Combining tasty food with healthy ingredients is tricky so once you find a few things that work you want to share with the world. Below are my top 3 recipes I use throughout the week to keep full, have energy, and stay fit.
- Easy Protein Pancake (eat this for breakfast or anytime you need a filling snack)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 scoop of your favorite whey protein powder (I like cookies & cream, chocolate, or vanilla)
- Splash of cinnamon
- Mix in a blender OR whip up ingredients in a bowl.Spray a frying pan with cooking spray or coat lightly with some coconut oil. Cook pancake until edges begin to rise slightly and then flip over. I drizzle with sugar free syrup and top with 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter.
2) Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Throw all ingredients together in crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours. You can also throw in some vegetables in the last 2 hours. This chicken shreds nicely so you can make healthy chicken burritos with a high fiber tortilla or use it for your protein on a BAS (big ass salad).
3) Faux Pasta Cabbage (don’t knock it till you try it)
- 1 bag Dole classic cabbage
- 1-2 TBSP Organic coconut oil
- Seasonings of your choice (sea salt, garlic, italian)
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil on medium. Toss in cabbage and 1/2 cup water and let cook for about 5 minutes. Once the cabbage softens add seasoning. You can turn up the heat for 1 minute and continue to cook to get a dryer “pasta” texture. This dish is very filling due to high fibrous veggies. You can top with meat, a healthy sauce or enjoy solo.